Monday, August 8, 2011

Dino Days - Part 1

Emma became interested in dinosaurs this summer after visiting the Indy Children's Museum. When we went to the gift shop, she really wanted a stuffed Brachiosaurs. She named him Dino. In the days after we got home, we picked out some good books at the library and I planned some fun learning activities. Here are a few that we did the first week.

Grow a Dino - The materials include Dollar Tree dinosaurs in capsules, water, Easter eggs, Easter grass, a container for the nest, and a mommy dino.

Pom Pom Fun - The skills she practiced include hand-eye coordination and letter formation.

Size Sequencing - This activity came from Confessions of a Homeschooler. I printed several of her dino projects to use in our little dinosaur unit.

Q-Tip Art - I found this worksheet at Making Learning Fun. Emma used Q-tips and finger paint to carefully fill in each circle.

No comments: