Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Doctor, Doctor - Part 1

Since Emma was going in for her 3-year check-up, I decided to do a few doctor activities in the days before and after her appointment. Here is part 1!

Doctor Books - We, again, raided the local library for books on doctors and staying healthy. Baa-Choo! by Sarah Weeks and Arthur's Chickenpox by Marc Brown were her favorites. We read those over and over.

Sorting Tray - The red tray was a Dollar Tree find. The other materials we had in the bathroom, including the glass apothecary jar. Emma used tweezers to pick up the items from the center jar and place them in like categories. She had a lot of fun and asked for this activity for several days. I adapted the idea from the tot school blog, Growing Up Our Style.

Band-aid Art - The Dollar Tree had boxes of neon and flesh colored band-aids. I liked this activity, because Emma had to work on opening the package, peeling the back off, and then sticking them in place on the construction paper in her own design. She wanted to do it again the next day. I saw a similar idea on Growing Up Our Style.

No comments: