Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Big Event



Are you interested in an overview of the big event? Well, with our little angel a week overdue, no signs of labor on the horizon, and a 90 degree fractured tailbone from a fall 4 years ago, Scott and I opted for a C-section. All in all, it was the best decision for us. I think that if we would have waited, I would have eventually been induced, labored, and then had a C-section because of her size and my tailbone obstructing her path. The doctor said that she would simply break it as she passed through, but my motherly instincts told me she would break it and get stuck. Anyway, who wants a re-broken tailbone, episiotomy, and all of the other fun stuff of a regular delivery when you can have major surgery, right?

Although I have battled with reactions to pain medication and some discomfort, the joy that our daughter brings masks the ailments. She has so many funny faces and makes a ton of interesting sounds. What a precious gift! We have taken numerous pictures of Emma and her new family. Enjoy the slideshow of her first week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma is changing quickly already. I can't wait to hold her in less than 2 weeks! Kristen, you are looking amazing and I am glad you are on the road to recovery. You are so right, the joys of Motherhood will mask any physical pain.
Love to all of you,
Heather S.